The registration portal for the second annual Noosa Classic – an event that will be Bicycling Australia’s 6th Gran Fondo – is expected to open in coming weeks.
Again registration discounts will apply for early bird entries in the 45km Social Classic, 120km Challenge Classic and 160km Maxi Classic rides of the August 19 event.
Widely considered a standout success despite the mid-ride torrential downpour, the vast majority of first-year participants said they’ll be back for more at the 2019 Noosa Classic.
Sun, Surf, Sand And Cycling
Over the weekend of August 18 & 19, 2019, riders will enjoy not only the brilliant cycling, but will lap up the luscious weather and luxury lifestyle the Noosa district is renowned for.
Tempted? Take a read of how some of the 2018 riders decribed the event!
- Garry James Great day out! Absolutely epic day. The Noosa Classic crew put together a great ride and I am sure that in years to come we will be sitting around and someone will say, “Hey remember that inaugural Noosa Classic? That was incredible!”
- Daniel Ellis Wouldn’t have been as memorable without the rain on the way up the first KOM and then again for the last 15km. Fantastic event. Loved every km of the course. Definitely will be dragging a heap of mates to event next year.
- Jason Maitland Gee that looks like a lot of fun… totally devastated that I missed … I knew I should have entered
- Selina Sparks Great event, recommend it to other riders and we’ll be back next year. Hopefully the rain will have that day off.
- Michael Gall next level.
- Cindy Norm Great event even with the rain. Everyone did such a great job to make the day wonderful. Thanks.
- Belinda Hodges Wish I did, instead I ran the Bridge 2 Brisbane 10km fun run. Give me a bike any day over a 10km run.
- Georgina Wrigley Definitely the most challenging ride I have ever done.
- Eugene Pieters So well organised!! Great effort including all the volunteers who endured the wet conditions. Well done guys.
Noosa Classic Facebook Page Public Reviews:
- Great communication leading up to the race. Beautiful route and a suitably challenging ride. Well done on the organisation and management…. shame about the rain but no one was complaining as we really needed it. Congrats on a well run event.
- We were first time visitors to Noosa and came up for the Noosa Classic. What a great ride – it was extremely well-organised and carefully planned. The marshals, traffic control and volunteers were outstanding and made the tough course and challenging weather enjoyable. We look forward to coming back for future editions!
- What an awesome event! Well organised, challenging, a great atmosphere, happy riders, epic scenery and, above all else, a lot of fun! A big thanks to all the organisers, volunteers, traffic control and the police presence. Very much appreciated.
- It was incredibly well organised and marshalled. The volunteers were great and it was a tough but fun course despite the weather gods throwing in just a little water!
- Excellent event. Great signage. Excellent marshals. Challenging course.
- Thank you for the police presence and traffic personnel/management. Always appreciated. Well done all.
- Best run event I’ve ever been part of. Next year will even be better with no rain.
Full Details Of The 2019 Noosa Classic Will Be Announced Here Soon
Something For The Whole Family
Each of the three Noosa Classic courses vary in terrain, with options for riders of all ages and abilities. From the 160km Maxi Classic that winds through the Noosa Hinterland and returns through the magnificent Mary Valley, to the easier and more family friendly Social Classic that takes in the sights closer to Noosa including breathtaking Boreen Point and Lake Cootharaba.
After completing the Noosa Classic all participants can relax and enjoy entertainment, see products and displays from our wonderful supporters, and tuck into gourmet food and refreshing beverages at the event village.