More and more major manufacturers are increasing their focus on gravel, with Cannondale the latest to up the ante on the all-road front.
Cannondale have morphed the geometry of their SuperX cyclocross platform with the aerodynamics and looks of the coveted SuperSix Evo road bike to create the SuperSix EVO CX & SE. Both bikes share the same aero-optimised frameset, with colour, drivetrain and spec levels being the main differences between the two models.
The frameset will accommodate 45mm tyres, with the company saying it’s a platform perfect for 60-minute CX races through to nine-hour gravel events.
Priced at $6,000, the Evo SE features a SRAM Rival AXS wireless 2×12 groupset, DT Swiss CR-1600 Spline tubeless-ready wheels and Vittoria Terreno Dry 700×40 mm tyres. Colours are either Cool Mint or Meteor Gray.
The CX model is $5,600 and features a SRAM Force 1 drivetrain an 11-speed 11-36T cassette and DT Swiss R470 wheels. It features the Purple Haze colour as pictured above.
Bicycling Australia have requested a review bike and hope to have more on these new releases soon.
SuperSix EVO SE Highlights
- Light, durable, fast carbon frameset with big tire clearance
- SRAM Rival AXS wireless electronic group / Rival hydro disc brakes
- DT Swiss CR-1600 Spline wheels with 40c tires / HollowGram KNØT carbon seatpost
SuperSix EVO CX Highlights
- Lightweight, carbon frameset with ample tire clearance
- SRAM Force 1 11-speed drivetrain / Lightweight Cannondale One crank
- SRAM Force 1 hydraulic disc brakes / HollowGram KNØT carbon seatpost
More at www.cannondale.com