Here are all the recipes you need to complete our ‘Lose 5 Kilos in 28 Days’ featured in Bicycling Australia Jan/Feb issue. Each of these has been tested by our staff for taste and variety. Enjoy your cooking and mroe importantly, enjoy your riding!
Chicken and Brown Rice
- 500g chicken breast
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 1/2 cups salt reduced chicken stock
- 1 small broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 small rec capsicum, finely sliced
- 1 cup quick cook brown rice
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan
- Heat chicken, garlic, stock, broccoli and capsicum till boiling in a hot frying pan.
- Then stir in brown ride and reduce heat to simmer.
- Once cooked through, serve into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Lentil Patties with Yoghurt Mint Sauce
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1/2 trimmed stick celery, chopped finely
- 1 small carrot, chopped finely
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup stale breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 egg white, beaten lightly
- 1 cup stale breadcrumbs, extra
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon monounsaturated or pollyunsaturated oil
Yoghurt Mint Sauce
- 1/2 cup lo-fat plain yogjurt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine lentils, celery, carrot, water, coriander and cumin in large saucepan; bring to boil. Simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes or until mixture is thickened; cool.
- Stir in breadcrumbs; shape mixture into four patties. Toss in four; dip in egg white, then combined extra breadcrumbs and parsley.
- Heat oil in large non-stick frying pan; cook paties until well browned on both sides. Drain on absorbent paper; serve with yoghurt mint sauce and a green leaf salad, if desired.