Cervelo have released the latest incarnation of the P5, their Time Trial / Triathlon offering equipped with the latest cutting-edge aerodynamic technology.
UCI legal, the bike has been tested by Team Sunweb with professional rider Soren Kragh Andersen saying he was “amazed by the stiffness and handling of the bike.”
“It’s super stiff and really nice in the corners,” he said. “We tested it in the wind tunnel and it’s super fast. It also looks one of the best TT bikes in the peloton.”
Cervelo say the bike is a staggering 22% stiffer at the head tube over the previous generation P5, and 26% stiffer at the bottom bracket.
“The legendary aerodynamics of the P5 are fine-tuned to create an aero system that is stiffer and lighter than ever before,” say Cervelo in the launch notes. “Its frame shapes, handlebar and fit positions, and design features work together to reduce drag and enhance your efficiency.
“Our engineers dedicated countless hours to testing and data crunching to make the P5 not only stiffer and more aero, but lighter as well. A lighter bike accelerates faster and climbs better to give you every possible advantage on the road.”
Stock is now available in Australia with prices –
$16,000 – Di2 Dura Ace, Enve 5.6 wheelset, Aero bottles, Barfly computer mount.
$11,000 – Ultegra Di2, DT Swiss P1800 wheels, Aero bottles, Barfly computer mount.
$7,000 – Frameset with Aero bottles, rear hydration mount & Barfly computer mount.
SPECS with Di2 Dura Ace
- Cervélo All-Carbon, Tapered P5 Fork for Disc
- FSA IS2 1 x 1-3/8
- ENVE SES Disc 5.6
- Continental GP4000 S II 700 x 25c
- Shimano Dura Ace 9100 52/36
- Ceramic Speed BBright Shimano
- Shimano CN-HG901, 11 spd
- Shimano Dura Ace FD-9150 11 spd
- Shimano Dura Ace RD-9150 11 spd
- Shimano Dura-Ace CS-R9100, 11-30
- Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 SW-R9180 & SW-R9160
- Cervélo HB11 Basebar and EX11 30deg Aerobar
- Shimano BR-9170
- Shimano SM-RT900,160mm
- Prologo TGale PAS NACK
- Cervélo P5 Seatpost with Ritchey Head
- Shimano Dura Ace ST-9180
- Aero Bottle, Ceramic Speed OSPW + UFO Chain Upgrade Kit, Stem Storage, Top Tube Storage, Rear Hydration Mount, Barfly Computer Mount