Quarq have announced the release of an innovative new product that will help provide exact tyre pressure information – a valve stem addition weighing 10grams and known as the Tyrewiz.
Lightweight, durable, and powered by a long-lasting user-replaceable coin cell battery, TyreWiz monitors air pressure in real-time and relays the data to a cycling computer or a smartphone.
The TyreWiz app uses that data to deliver personalized recommendations and pressure alerts. Riders will have access to precise tyre pressure data to make decisions that can affect rolling resistance, traction, wear, and comfort.
Bicycling Australia are yet to test the Tyrewiz, however US Bicycling have stated ‘I hardly noticed the TyreWiz once installed … riding fast descents on the road didn’t produce an unbalanced feel or the speed wobbles I expected.’
The Tyrewiz is expected to be available in Australia from June and retail for $299 per pair of units.
Features & Benefits
- Designed for road and mountain bike riders.
- Personalized tire recommendations in the smartphone app for iOS and Android.
- NFC pairing for fast and easy connection by BLE to a phone
- Data reported with +/- 2% accuracy at .1 PSI resolution.
- Broadly compatible with tires that use a Presta-style valve core.
- User-replaceable CR1632 battery lasts for 300 hours.
- IP67 dustproof/waterproof rating.
- Box includes valve core removal tool for installation.
- Works with any tire that uses a removable Presta valve core: both tube and tubeless, and tires with anti-flat sealant.
- For all bike riders, regardless of their experience or bike’s intended use.
- Data can be read on a cycling computer or smartphone with the app for iOS and Android.
- Smartphone app displays personalized recommendations, current tire pressure, and low/high pressure alerts.
- Retail package includes two sensors, batteries, and a valve core removal tool.
- Use it for every ride to find the perfect combination of tire, wheel, and pressure in changing terrain and conditions.
- Include LED lights to indicate when pressure is outside the target range.