Bianchi have announced the latest model their aero lineup, the ARIA, which the company describe as a fast, performance-oriented road bike for riders wanting high quality at an affordable price point.
It looks fast standing still and slots right into the range as niche product that extends the company’s enviable line-up of aero road bikes. Positioned below the recently announced Oltre XR3, the ARIA is intended as a more achievable option for “a broader application”.
“At Bianchi, while we feed the learnings from research and development across all ranges into new models,” a Bianchi spokesman said.
“The ARIA’s advanced aerodynamic design has been heavily inspired by our extensive wind-tunnel testing and cooperation with Bianchi pro riders.”
Full aerodynamic performance refers to the shape of the tubes’ profiles and their structural combination to cheat the wind’s resistance, resulting in the lowest drag possible. For the rider, full aerodynamic performance means creating a position that allows for the least air resistance. This can only be achieved with a frame and fork geometry that allows for an advanced tuck position, and an ideal racing geometry.
Slick, fast, aero and affordable, we look forward to putting an ARIA through its paces in the near future.
Bianchi ARIA Specs
- 8 sizes from 44 – 61cm
- Aero frame design
- Internal cable routing
- Double compatibility mechanic and electronic groupset
- Carbon dropout with metal insert
- Aero seatpost with integrated look and head clamp offset 20mm
- Hidden seatpost clamp for perfect aerodynamic design and nice looking
- Groupset: Campagnolo Centaur 11sp Compact 50/34
- Wheels: Vision Team 35 Comp
- Weight in size 55: 1100g (+/- 5%)
- Indicative Pricing – ARIA Ultegra $4,699 / ARIA Centaur $3,799