Bicycling Australia & The Classics are looking for two energetic and enthusiastic team members, an Event Manager and a Marketing and Communications expert.
Position One – Event Manager
The Classics created in 2016 by Yaffa Media and Bicycling Australia is on the hunt for a dynamic Event Manager to join the team, based at their offices in Surry Hills. The Event Manager will be responsible for the planning and delivery of their 5 Gran Fondo Cycling Events that take place around Australia each year.
Reporting to the Event Director, this role will involve liaising with external stakeholders including sponsors, government, council and other community groups as well as the internal team of Ride Directors, Marketing Manager, Sponsorship Manager and other departments including design and accounts.
The Classics are a collection of Cycling Events, held in stunning locations around Australia. For further information please go to www.cyclingclassics.com.au
Delivery of all The Classics events from end to end, ensuring the advised strategy and results are met.
- Manage the venue, production, AV, technology, floorplans, performance and other event specific elements from brief, to feasibility, quoting and execution.
- Managing stakeholder relationships (external and internal) and ensure entitlements are realised.
- Management of logistics, travel and accommodation and food and beverage suppliers.
- Management of onsite delivery teams and suppliers including set up, pack down, start and finish line and Event Village.
- Management of volunteer and community groups who assist on events.
- Budget management and expense reconciliation for each individual event.
- Producing timelines, run sheets, briefing packs, contracts etc.
- Liaise with internal marketing and design teams about relevant deliverables.
- Oversee OH&S compliance at event sites
To be successful in this role
Have 3+ years’ experience as an Events Manager within a fast paced, creative environment. Experience working across sporting style events would be an advantage.
- Must love events and have a strong passion for events culture.
- Be highly motivated, energetic and results driven with exceptional organisational skills.
- Have exceptional supplier relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and time management skills.
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement experience.
- Be proactive and able to make sound judgements.
- Able to work autonomously but also collaborate with a team when required.
- Sound budget management experience
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include a covering letter and current CV.
Position Two – Marketing Specialist
We are looking for a dynamic marketing executive to manage the marketing activities on key brands including Bicycling Australia Magazine & its Grand Fondo Cycling Classic events along with Australian Photography, Ragtrader, AdNews and more.
The role requires a self-starter who enjoys variety and the challenge of working across several market sectors. Previous direct marketing experience is ideal, as is a flair for copywriting.
Based in Sydney and reporting to the Marketing Director, you’ll work closely with a range of internal and external stakeholders to deliver 360 degree marketing initiatives.
Key responsibilities of the role:
· Marketing Planning & Communications – Develop and implement effective integrated marketing communications programs across digital, social media, events and print
· Campaign Management – End-to-end management of integrated marketing campaigns
· Events – Support all aspects of events from inception and scoping to attending & delivery
· Copywriting & Editing – Copywriting and editing support for marketing collateral including print ads, advertisements, social and eDMs
· Content Creation – Work with internal art department to source product, offers, messaging and creative to support campaign activity
· Paid Advertising – Manage paid advertising campaigns on Facebook, Instagram and via Google Ads
· Stakeholder Support – Develop & maintain strong relationships across internal & external stakeholders and provide expert advice, support and services as required
Qualifications and experience:
· Have 1-2 years’+ marketing experience within a fast-paced environment
· Have experience with WordPress, Facebook Ads Manager and Marketo, or similar platforms
· Experience working across events would be an advantage but not essential
· Be highly motivated, energetic and results driven with exceptional organisational skills.
· Able to work autonomously but also collaborate with a team when required
· Excellent communication and time management skills
· Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Remuneration will be based on experience and qualifications. Yaffa Media is conveniently located close to Central Station, Surry Hills.
This is an ideal role for someone who likes hands on project management, day to day responsibility and multi-tasking.